Wednesday, May 24, 2017

BC, but ...

Do I seem the absent-minded type who would take 60 camera pictures of  beautiful BC but then leave the connecting cord for the computer st home?  Yup, that's what I did.   Perhaps I'll solve it tomorrow; perhaps I'll be posting from home on Saturday.  Regardless we had a great day because (a) we saw Liz twice and (b) our trip on the sea-to-sky highway was panoramic.

Edit:
Here are some photos from my phone:

Yesterday's earth and sky were flawless.
Elizabeth lives in a pretty part of Vancouver.

We breakfasted at Cafe Zen on Yew where I had the BELTCH sandwich (bacon-egg-lettuce-tomato-cheese) although mine was BELCH as I hate tomato.  I'm not sure what the H is for ... maybe hash browns on the side.

Notice Bob & Liz having a conversation.
 Elizabeth did the boring thing ... she went to work.  Meanwhile Bob and I had an amazing and sunny day traveling the Sea-to-Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler.  We stopped at two provincial parks to see two awe-inspiring waterfalls.  We must thank the taxpayers of BC.  Because of their dollars, our admittance to parks was free.

Here is Shannon Falls.
Here is Brandywine Falls.
 
Both are stunning.  The drive itself has many stunning views and we were surprised to see how much snow is still out there.
 We drove around Whistler Village and when I am wasting time on the internet, I must check out hotel prices there.

Back in Vancouver we had some time on Granville Island and I bought my only purchase of the trip.  How do I know it's my only purchase when we still have a few days left?  I know it because I'm traveling with just a carry-on and I don't have room for anything more.
I wanted to shop at Paper-Ya for a birthday gift for a friend who has a July birthday.  That's all I'm going to say.
 We met Liz whilst she had a supper break; we ate at the Tap & Barrel and although our food and beer were excellent, the water view and conversation were the highlights.




No comments:

Post a Comment