Sunday, May 28, 2017

Urban Fare

Bob & I love browsing through grocery stores when we travel.  We had time before seeing Elizabeth's show so went into Urban Fare in the Olympic Park area of Vancouver.  We wonder how people can afford to live in the area as housing prices are unreal, just as they are in all Vancouver.  Prices in the store were high too so we wondered how people afforded the housing and the food.

There was lots of neat food and drink.  Check it out.
I'm sure they have these in our 7-11 at home.  We just haven't spotted them yet.
I wondered about the different number of years on these until I noticed that the milk bottle at the back is two years old.
Elizabeth, the price of this tells why Neverland Tea Salon only gave us a teaspoon of it for three scones.  It costs $8.49 for 170 grams.  I'll have to continue making my own clotted cream.

We were told that Vancouver and Whistler do a lot of recruiting in Australia for young workers.  This store sells kangaroo meat ... a niche market, I'm sure.  These sliders were right beside the wild boar sliders and the bison sliders.
And we found these!  They are like the cheese Giovanna's family brought from Brazil.  If Elizabeth had a barbeque, I would have bought them.

The store has a front part where you can buy salad, soup, and entrees and it has a nice seating area.  It's a place to grab some quick food.

No comments:

Post a Comment