Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Food! The Scrabble! The Live Theater!

I didn't realize that Whitehorse has as good a food scene as it does.  Burnt Toast, Baked, and Antoinette's are three eateries listed high on guides such as Yelp and Urban Spoon.  Another that is regularly mentioned is Klondike Rib and Salmon but it is still closed for the season.
At Antoinette's, which has been featured on You Gotta Eat Here, I had one of the best meals of my entire life.
It was the crispy guacamole salmon.  Yum!  Double yum!!  Triple yum!!!
We ate there with Liz's BFF Sarah who lives in Whitehorse.  BFF may sound juvenile but since their friendship goes back to early elementary school I feel I can use it here.  They've been friends so long that they even look alike in certain ways.
We also had a meal at The Deli.  The helpings were so large that we took enough food back to the hotel for another meal.  Not only that, but had we not been conscientious hotel guests, the next people in room 415 would have found a Deli meal in the room's refrigerator.
The menu changes daily.  I skipped the pork hocks, but didn't pass up the sauerkraut.
Some other beauties I spotted there were these:


You might be wondering if Liz and I carry around a Scrabble board each and every day just in case the occasion arises to play a game.  The answer is "well, yes, yes, indeed we do."

Ross, how would you play out my remaining letters?
We played nine games in just a couple of days and our scores were pretty even.
As a parent, I want my kids to be bigger brainiacs than me.  That wish has come true.
Here's our nine game tally.
What does Bob do while we play Scrabble?  He does whatever he wants.
We try to include him in our games, but he always turns us down. 

Elizabeth has been stage managing for the Gwaandak Theater and we saw her show at this charming, intimate theater.  The show is now on the road to Dawson City and Old Crow so Liz is even farther north.  

This play and its premise
create deep thinking and lively conversation.

Liz, you and your group have my respect and my applause.



No comments:

Post a Comment