Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Speakers, Sea Glass, and Anne

Katie Bell, let's start with you.  Why don't you have a fireplace in your library?  And why don't you have large windows with beautiful views?  Huh?  Huh?  Huh?

Here are a couple of photos from Montague Regional's library.

There were good, entertaining, motivating speakers this morning which are always a plus at a conference.  The nutritional break this morning impressed me too.  Can you recognize everything in the bag?
One of the vegetables is summer turnip which I love.  I'm sure lots of the students didn't have a clue what it was.  I mentioned how much I liked it to one of the organizers and she said, "it's an island thing."
Bob and I went to Montague's Rotary at noon and were blown away by how a small group raises so much money for so many good causes.  At the meeting we met the host mom of two of our boys.
We headed along the east shore for awhile and were behind these fisherman.  No, Bob does not tailgate on the highway; we were stopped for construction.
We went to Souris Lighthouse (pronounced Sue-ree).  It needs a lick of paint.
All roads should lead to the ocean.
This is Red Point Beach, one of the beaches which has singing sand.  I was virtually alone on it and could make it sing all I wanted.  Good thing it can carry a tune because I can't.
 
I like how this photo of the ocean looks like an abstract painting.


We went to East Point lighthouse which is the most easterly point on PEI.  The girl in the little café lives in Estevan in the winter and at East Point in the summer.  Small world!
This was one of the vehicles at the lighthouse.  Too bad we never spotted the people who drive it as I'm sure their story would be interesting.  And some of you think Bob and I travel too much and too cheaply.
At a beach on the north shore, which I will keep a secret, I found sea glass galore.  This was all found in less than an hour.
This evening was fantastic with 1000 conference delegates attending "Anne of Green Gables."  I've already texted Colleen to let her know she'll have students begging for this to be the Comp's spring musical.  Colleen, there's  tons of opportunity for big production numbers with this one so maybe you should save it for when the theater is finished in 2019. 
PEI, once again we thank you for a special day.
 

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, I've thought about a fireplace and it would be especially nice on a day like today! Rainy and cold. I'll have to ask Wade if I can get one.
    Looks like you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete