Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Dream Came True

I had hoped for a snowy day with Central Park empty except for us; that dream came true except for this exceptionally sweet dog who goes by the motto "tread softly and carry a big stick."
 
 


 
 
 
The tops of buildings disappeared in the low clouds.
The price we paid for an empty, pristine, snowy Central Park was slushy, wet streets. 


 
Our footwear was soaked so at the afternoon performance of "Once" I took off my shoes and put on woolly socks which I had in my bag.  Perhaps this isn't audience protocol in Broadway theaters but my feet were finally toasty warm.
 
I loved "Once" this time just as much as the first time I saw it.  Elizabeth and I went on stage prior to the show to buy our drinks as this is a gimmick the show uses since the setting is a bar.  Eliz got to talk to the production stage manager who was on stage and it was really cool to be looking out at the seats from a Broadway stage.  Paul Nolan who plays the male lead is a Saskatchewan boy.  Am I right, Tanya and Donna, that you both know him? 
 
I'm not sure how much longer this show will be on as the main floor and orchestra seats were pretty empty and they moved people to seats closer to the stage.
Tonight we have tickets for "Matilda" which should be wonderful.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment