We got home just after midnight Monday morning after our plane was delayed an hour. That's given us a day to reflect on what the highlights of our trip were. I phoned Elizabeth at her new place in Stratford to get her top five.
They are, in no particular order:
1. Lunch at Veselka's (this is the matzo soup)
2. Waiting for Godot
3. The New York Public Library
4. The Bean in Chicago
5. Dolce in Toronto
1. The Tenement Museum
2. The musical "Once"
3. "Book of Mormon"
4. Katz's Deli
5. Caplansky's Deli in Toronto
1. Tea and Sympathy
2. The snow in Central Park
3. Waiting for Godot (I still shiver thinking of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Billy Crudup all on stage at once - truly a memorable theater experience for me.)
4. The 3 Diners, Drive-ins & Dives plus the Lexington Luncheonette
5. The interesting people we talked to including the girl who had both her hair and eyebrows dyed aqua
But enough of that as we are on to our next adventure. Yesterday exchange student Felipe from Brazil moved in with us and we look forward to having him with us for the next three or four months. We hope to show him lots of things he hasn't seen yet (Winnipeg, here we come!) and generally have fun and laughter with him. Welcome to our house, Felipe!