Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity, Jig

We got home on Monday and I think I jinxed the weather.  We were traveling under sunny skies about an hour out of Minot when I commented that we had exceptional weather for 2.5 weeks with no rain to speak of.  Half an hour out of Minot, the sky looked like this:
Through our windshield Minot looked like this when we got there:
Most traffic was stopped as intense rain pounded down.  This was about 10:30 in the morning and you can see how dark it was due to the rain.  We were glad we were following this semi; otherwise we wouldn't have seen a thing.

So we arrived home safely Monday afternoon after a great trip with lots of fascinating adventures.  Are we sad to be back in Weyburn?  Not at all!  Look at this beautiful yard we came back to.
Hidden behind those flowers are my cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, potatoes, and carrots.  Soon it will be salsa-making time. 
My front apple tree was loaded so I picked and froze. 
Look for yummy pies this winter!

Although this trip is over, keep watching this blog.  I'll have other things to tell you and show you from time to time which will include an eight day trip to PEI in mid September.

No comments:

Post a Comment