Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Farewell

Today is our last day in NYC as we fly back to Minneapolis tomorrow morning.  We didn't waste the day.  We went over to Brooklyn again and went down some streets of beautiful brownstones.  They look pinkish here, but they are brown.

We had great views of Manhattan from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.
Bob's pointing out something.

This old pier is now being used for sports such as basketball and handball.
This pool has the loveliest setting.
We lunched at Grimaldi's which definitely has an efficient system going.  Everyone working there is male ... I wonder if there's a reason.

After lunch, Bob headed to Governor's Island (the ferry costs $1) and I had an agenda of my own.
I stayed down by the East River in Brooklyn longer and stopped at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory which is housed in a 1920s fireboat house. 


After that I spent time in Soho, Tribeca, and at the Public Library.

Tonight we saw our last show Hamilton which is the must-see show around here.  All the reviews I read were raves and I understand why.  The show was swirls and swirls of voice, movement, and lights.  Elizabeth, Dad will definitely want to tell you about the lighting.  It was a privilege to see this show.


No comments:

Post a Comment