Monday, August 24, 2015

What I Didn't See

I didn't see any celebrities.  I suck at spotting celebrities but think I would notice them because of paparazzi around them.  I saw no paparazzi and no celebrities.  I thought there might be some at Hamilton on Friday evening but there weren't.

Bob & I left the city on Saturday and Shelley informed us that on Sunday there was a Nipple Pride Parade with topless women parading from Columbus Circle to Bryant Park.  We missed that.

Part of our time in New York, I went one direction and Bob went another.  While I was seeing interesting things, Bob was seeing others.

Here are a couple of his photos from One World Observatory which is on the 102nd floor of the new One World Trade Center.  Unlike the Top of the Rock and the Empire State Building where you can go outside, here you are behind glass.

Bob went out to Governors Island even though a worker on the ferry said there was nothing to see but a park.  She was wrong as there is an old fort and you can take free guided tours.  Bob was the only one on the tour so he had preferential treatment!  With a $1 ferry ride and a free tour, he felt he hadn't overspent!  It was a great place and a great experience.  Don't try to correct my punctuation; for some reason Governors Island doesn't have an apostrophe in it.

He had beautiful views of Manhattan from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment