Friday, July 15, 2016

Paradise, Canada

I think of lots of places as earthly paradises and Vancouver Island rates, especially today.  Elizabeth treated Bob to his belated Father's Day gift which was a sea kayaking experience.




As we left this beautiful area, we came across people picking wild blackberries along the side of the road.


We headed to the Crow and Gate Pub near Nanaimo for our lunch. We ate outside and marveled at the flowers, birds, hummingbirds, and butterflies.


I wish I grew this color of echinacea.
Elizabeth did not marvel at my Stilton ploughman's lunch.
We drove back through Chemainus and then through forest down a pretty lane to get to teafarm at Westholme.  Teafarm was the highlight of my day!

Let me tell you a bit about it.  A couple Victor Vesely and Margit Nelleman started growing tea in 2010 and on July 1st of this year were able to premiere their rare Canadian tea.  It is the first estate grown tea in Canada and Canada's only working tea farm.

Here's some of the tea on the hillside.
Margit is a master potter and I couldn't begin to afford her work, but I sure enjoyed seeing it and drinking tea out of her cups. 


Aren't the teapot and lid amazing?
Victor led us through the tea process and we had a resteeping of the tea to learn how this gives a different flavor.


We headed back to Chemainus where I spent time by the water and spent time oohing over flowers.  Have a look.











More adventures await.



3 comments:

  1. Interesting info about the tea farm!! You have such great adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are off on a great adventure soon. We'll be back on the Island for 12 days in December. We hope we can get together with you then.

      Delete
  2. Love it!! The flowers are incredible and I loved the tea farm!!

    ReplyDelete